Driven by the need to make our communities a safer place to live and work, the security and life safety experts at Hue & Cry Security protect you from break-ins, fire, employee theft, external theft and more.
Founded by then San Mateo, California Police Officer Bill Culmer and his wife Kathy in 1977, the company uses innovative design, top quality electronic security and life safety products and world-class best practices to protect homes and businesses in San Francisco, Sacramento, Medford and surrounding communities.
Hue & Cry Security protects your home and business through a variety of free and paid services. Most customers use Hue & Cry to design, install, monitor and maintain their security and life safety systems. We’re also available for consulting, design or an audit of your present security and life safety practices.
Keep reading to learn how we can help you.
Effective, Reliable and Trustworthy
This company thrives on 3 core values:
- Truth – We present what is real and true and customize security solutions around your situation and needs. We’ll never use a one-size fits-all approach with your protection.
- Innovation – We only use current, stable protection technologies and product components which are necessary and reliably effective in accomplishing your objectives.
- Reliability – Hue & Cry is a trusted source for protection and continually seeks better answers, solutions and approaches to solving customer’s security and life safety issues in an effective, affordable way.
Behind the Scenes at Hue & Cry Security
Owned and led by the Culmer family, the Hue & Cry Security team is a close knit group of security experts. We have decades of experience in solving our customer’s security and life safety concerns. Our professional expertise includes intrusion alarm systems (burglar alarms), fire detection systems, suppression system monitoring and testing, security camera surveillance systems, access control systems, personal emergency response systems and nurse-call systems. We service, test and maintain systems. We monitor and manage systems from our U.L Certified Central Monitoring Station, owned proudly by Hue & Cry.
All employees of Hue & Cry share a commitment to the company’s core values, pride in the work we do and a sincere love of the great outdoors.
There are many reasons why people choose Hue & Cry Security. Tell us how we can help you.
Trusted Since 1977
Before hiring anyone to protect your business or home, it’s important to know who you are dealing with. That’s why we encourage you to investigate the reputation of Hue & Cry Security.
Call the Hue & Cry offices and ask to speak to the owner of the company. How often are you able to call a world-class company today and actually speak to an owner? Most security and life safety companies are parts of large national conglomerates or are independent business owners operating out of a room in their home. Hue & Cry is the great alternative: a full service, world-class security company large enough to meet the most demanding security situations yet small enough for a family owner to personally take your telephone call. It’s a true distinguishing difference in working with Hue & Cry Security.
Take a look at what customers say about Hue & Cry Security.
Finally, check us out with the local business bureau and Chamber of Commerce office. You’ll find Hue & Cry to be outstanding corporate citizens committed to the finest security and life safety services.
A Complete Approach to Protecting You
Hue and Cry Security views security and life safety from a complete perspective.
That’s why we never sell “pre-designed, one-size-fits-all” packages to our customers. Your needs are multi-faceted and your facility or home is unique. Technology is bringing unprecedented changes to how we protect people and things. Hue & Cry is here to protect you against ever changing threats in a constantly changing world.
Founded with a dream and desire to protect others, Hue & Cry Security started in San Mateo, California in 1977. Since that time it has grown to become one of the country’s largest privately held security and life safety companies, protecting thousands of businesses and homes in Northern California and Southern Oregon.
Hue & Cry Security is a family owned and operated company. Our team of security experts covers all professional disciplines: system design and engineering, installation, service, monitoring, business development and administration. We have decades of experience delivering security results to our customers.
Today Hue & Cry Security is poised to deliver best-in-class security and life safety services in the 21st century. Let us know how we can help protect you.
Helping to Protect You
Hue & Cry Security takes a holistic approach to security and life safety. Our comprehensive process includes:
- Physical inspection of the property to be protected, including an analysis of the facility, how it is used and discussion with the facility stakeholders to determine needs and concerns
- Preparation of the security and life safety solution for your review and approval
- Installation of the electronic protection with white-glove quality assurance inspections
- Monitoring and remote management of the security-life safety solution
- Inspection of results to ensure solutions accomplish desired objectives
- Testing to ensure protection works as designed when needed…you get no second chances
- Repair service and maintenance available 24 hours every day of the year
The security and life safety experts at Hue & Cry Security are ready to protect you. Tell us how we can help you or call us toll free at 1-800-762-3196.